Using twin motor technology, the PTM series is engineered to be amongst the lightest and fastest on the market. Torque control is achieved by adjustment of air pressure. A calibration certi cate is supplied with each tool.
PTM-52, PTM-72 and PTME-72 also offer the option of electronic torque control in two versions. Both versions incorporate a torque transducer on the output of the tool. Internal Control (IC) tools have a torque display, user interface and a solenoid valve to shut-off the air supply at a pre-determined torque. External Control (EC) tools incorporate a solenoid valve and three coloured LEDs for the indication of low, within tolerance or high results. However, all control functions and torque display are housed in an external controller unit (purchased separately). External controllers can give a much greater range of functionality than is possible on the IC version of the tools.
- Exceptionally compact 52mm and 72mm gearboxes result in light, well balanced tools
- Fitted with a light robust aluminium reaction plate as standard
- Fast operation for rapid bolt run-down
- Internal Control (IC) versions incorporate torque transducer, torque setting, display panel and display panel and solenoid valve to shut off the air supply at the desired torque
- External Control (EC) versions incorporate torque transducer and output for an external controller
- IC and EC tools have an accuracy of ±2%
- ±5% repeatability of reading from 20% to 100% of range